Revolutionary Fire Tactics at the Lake 2021
Waiver, Release, and Indemnification Agreement
You are registered to participate in a Hands-On Training Class(es) at this conference. Please read the terms below and sign the waiver.
I, as the conference attendee, in consideration of being permitted to participate in field training exercises, listed above, hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I understand the nature of the activities I may perform while participating in any class listed above (hereinafter referred to as "program/activity"), requires mental judgment and a high degree of physical fitness, agility, and dexterity, and that this may include strenuous exercise in varying environmental conditions, which requires physical fitness, strength, and stamina. By signing this Agreement, I represent that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in the program/activity. I acknowledge that if I believe event conditions are unsafe, I will immediately discontinue participation in the program/activity.
2. I understand fully that the program/activity involves the risk of injury, including serious bodily injury and death, which may be caused by my own or others’ actions or inactions, or those of others participating in the event, and I voluntarily and fully assume all risks relating to my participation in the program/activity. By assumption of all risks, I agree that I hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District, Reed’s Automotive, Rocky Mount Fire Protection District, David Woodward and/or Elizabeth Woodward (dba One Warrior, LLC), contracted training vendor, contract/invited instructors, or the Lake Area FOOLS, its employees, shareholders, officers, directors, show officials, equipment suppliers, agents, representatives, and show management ("Releasees") for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of accident, injury, illness, death, or harm of any type arising out of or related to the training, whether caused by the negligence of any Releasees or otherwise.
3. I understand the Releasees will not provide medical or health insurance coverage to me during any aspect of my participation in the activity. I hereby represent and warrant that I am and will be covered throughout the activity by a policy of accident and health insurance that provides coverage for injuries I may sustain in the course of my participation in the program/activity. I understand I may be required to show proof of insurance coverage prior to my participation in the program/activity.
4. I fully accept and assume all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the program/activity, and accordingly, I, individually, and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability whatsoever for any and all damages, losses, cost, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses, and costs, including attorney’s fees, which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my participation in the program/activity.
5. I, individually, and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby release and forever discharge the Releasees from any and all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorney’s fees, that the Releasees or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney’s fees, which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my participation in the program/activity.
6. To the extent that I, individually, or my heirs, successors, assigns, or personal representatives bring a claim of any kind whatsoever against the Releasees, I agree that this Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement is to be construed under the laws of the State of Missouri and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. Any claims or causes of action arising out of or related to this program/activity shall be tried exclusively in the courts of the State of Missouri or (if such claims are permitted by law) in the U.S. District Courts for the State of Missouri.
7. I hereby agrees that this Liability Waiver extends to all acts of negligence by the Releasees, including negligent rescue operations, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of Missouri and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, the undersigned agrees that the balance shall continue in full force and effect.
8. In signing this document, I hereby acknowledge that I have read this entire document, that I understand its terms, that by signing it I am giving up substantial legal rights I might otherwise have, and that I have signed it knowingly and voluntarily.
9. I certify the information provided on this registration form is true and accurate.
I, the undersigned, agree to the terms above.